Translation

http://about.me/Pharista

Thursday, December 13, 2012

Yogis of India

Traditionally the Sannyasis (renunciates) of India practiced intense, deep yogas and meditations. Some were saints or enlightened souls who incarnated from soul world just too start a religion, like Shankacharyia for example, the founder of the Sanyas religion, others were matured disciples of a guru, and others were just retired Indian gentleman who at the age of 60 left there home and family, and sought spiritual enlightenment. Which was the tradition of India back in the Day. Nowadays women also follow this path, but all, both men and women have become more like beggars than great wise spiritualists. You will see them in orange or saffron robes all around India. Initially they renounced home and family, desires and scriptures, and received there food from nature, eating honey and berries, and would meditate on the brahm element, the golden red light of soul world , and would gather amazing power and insight. Plus they were celibate adding too there power. But gradually over time due too entropathy and popularity there purity was watered down and corruption, drugs and greed proliferated. They initially believed the scriptures were false, because they contained so much violence in them and said Happiness was like the droppings of a crow, from this experience of colourful and imaginative scripture writings, and just concentrated there focus on meditation. This actually vastly slowed down the demise of India and even historically was dramatic. More on Yogis
  In Taxila, once, he met some members of the Indian sect of Wise Men whose practice it is to go naked, and he so much admired their powers of endurance that the fancy took him to have one of them in his personal train. The oldest man among them, whose name was Dandamis (the others were his pupils), refused either to join Alexander himself or to permit any of his pupils to do so. 'If you, my lord,' he is said to have replied, 'are the son of god, why - so am I. I want nothing from you, for what I have suffices. I perceive, moreover, that the men you lead get no good from their world-wide wandering over land and sea, and that of their many travels there will be no end. I desire nothing that you can give me; I fear no exclusion from any blessings which may perhaps be yours. India, with the fruits of her soil in due season, is enough for me while I live; and when I die, I shall be rid of my poor body - my unseemly housemate.'

No comments:

Post a Comment