Translation

http://about.me/Pharista

Tuesday, June 12, 2012


Karma Revised - Part II



Understanding the philosophy of Karma and even more importantly settling karma is imperative for it allows me to meditate without a conflict or incongruity pulling on my mind while I sit still.  Knowing there is a universal justice system at work, I can rest in peace knowing that matters will be taken care of and I need not take the law into my own hands to seek justice.  However I must do my part in using all my resources appropriately so that I don’t incur a further debt in the account of the soul.
Karma is the law of give and take — not take and give!  I can only take when I have first given even if it is my last seed, coin or object of love.  If I take without having given, I have broken the law and the consequence is I will need to pay back multi-fold in order to return balance to the soul.  It is a paradox and perhaps the greatest illusion of all time that when I take, I create a debt, not credit!  The ultimate aim is to be in credit at all times and not debt – and for this, I need to be giving more than I am taking.
Many of us waste our personal resources without even understanding that waste is synonymous with disrespect.  Just as green movements raise the awareness of not wasting the resources of planet earth and cultivating respect for the planet.  Likewise as I waste my resources I create a karmic account of disrespect with them.  And anything I disrespect will not serve me!  It will not be ready and available when I really need it!
Since we now need to be so cognizant of our ‘soul balance’ it’s important to address the issue of waste.  Waste is not waste, if it is in alignment with my highest purpose.  Anything less than fulfilling my purpose is waste.  Put in simple language, waste is a relative term from individual to individual as each one uses their understanding and resources in a way they know best to fulfill their purpose; what may be waste to one, may be purposeful to another.
I need to create positive, healthy, friendly relationships with all my resources, my helpers, in order for them to cooperate with me!  Let’s examine this further:
Time
Time is a valuable asset one that I very often find myself short of.  Each second that passes will never return.  Yet when I have created a positive karma with time, I will have ample time to do all the things I want to do, time will cooperate with me!  When I waste time, I have not utilized that time appropriately in fulfilling my own purpose, so I am punished with a shortage of time!

Wealth
Some people have plenty of wealth and yet carry around a poverty consciousness. Thus it’s not the wealth that makes one wealthy, but the attitude of having it all even whilst having little!  Wealth used for a higher purpose yields the greatest return – hence the importance given to charity for a worthy cause.

Relationships
Some people seem to be connected to many others and yet when they need help, very few are around to ‘return the favour’.  Relationships are an investment.  The more I invest love, respect, kindness, cooperation and compassion, the more I get in return.

Mind / Body
My thoughts and energy are my most valuable resources.  If I misuse them then I reap the consequences.  If I think about useless and negative things, I will probably get a headache.  If I look at my computer screen, 15 inches away, all day, I will probably need glasses.  If I am using my lungs to inhale nicotine instead of oxygen, then of course they will become unhappy and resentful!

Nature
As I learn to dispose of rubbish appropriately or learn not to waste water and other natural resources, I am creating a relationship of love and respect with Mother Nature.  And it doesn’t matter what everyone else throws out of their car window, my duty is to create my own personal relationship, my own personal account of respect with nature and the five elements.  Only then can it help me when I am in need – so I will always have food, water and air when I need it.

It’s time… to settle all karmic accounts by respecting all your resources – waste not, want not.  Get in tune with your highest purpose and align your resources with this purpose, give more than you take!  The soul will become full and abundant with all its resources, and much like a tree laden with fruits, they will bow to serve you!
Share these thoughts!

It’s Time is spreading far and wide!  Feel free to forward this wisdom, but to avoid any karmic rebound, please acknowledge its source – 
‘It’s Time’ by Aruna Ladva, BK Publications London

No comments:

Post a Comment